Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's & Grandfather's Day

This is a day that always 'kinda stops me in my tracks'....

I miss my father...yet I can feel his smile...

I can sense his rhythm of thought and comical musings...

I can feel his pride even as I type...

For I am typing to a new family in my heart...

A family of mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and children...

All will one day sincerely know what it feels like to have a parent take their 'step ahead'...

...and leave you with their legacy...

Well, in my heart i believe my father would be proud of what he taught me...

...what I held onto...the value's...

his sayings of "no negatives, we're creating"....

to..."give each beat its full value" not only in music but in life...

....I know my father would be extending his hand to me to dance as we clicked through the pages

of all this great music in our network here...

Thank you for making my heart proud...

...for listening to the message to start "this great place to hang"...

...and to continue to believe that it will grow, prosper with love and sincere attention...

...I thank you for helping me stand in the shoes that I know my father would see his face in its
shiny leather...

...that he taught me to keep a smile in my heart...

...to share with honesty...

...to give without expecting

...to know that if you work hard with a full heart of passion

....your dreams will come true...

The Jazz Network is my dream come true...and my gift to you forever...

Happy Father's Day Dad...

...thank you for teaching me to reach for my dreams...

...and for this I will support those that will reach for theirs..

...and to me, that will be living my true heritage...

...I will do it with integrity and honor for the music and for being blessed to have a Father
like you...

I share you with our Jazz Network Family...

I love you Dad...

Happy Father's Day up in heaven...

P.S.  For those of you who are fathers stand tall in knowing just how important you are to your
children, for its YOU that guide us with a strong yet loving hand.   ....and for you mother's who have leaned into the father's roll for  whatever reason.  I love you, for it takes a strong heart to be both to our children, for I know this first hand...  Stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment