Monday, May 11, 2009

Peace Through Music

Music has always been at the center of my life and my greatest passion - as a composer, performer or just to listen to. Many people, myself included, believe that music is perhaps the greatest accomplishment of mankind - and is shared universally. I've always found that no matter where I went in the world - no matter what age the person I spoke with - we could always find a way to communicate through music.

I'm sure you've all heard street performers - many of whom are quite good. I've met some wonderful musicians in my life this way.

Recently, I became aware of a website that features music performed by street musicians from around the world. The producer got several of these musicians to play the same song and combined the result into some absolutely enjoyable music.

Here are two of my favorites:

Don't Worry: www.playingforchange.com/episodes/4/Dont_Worry

Stand by Me: www.playingforchange.com/episodes/2/Stand_by_Me

Check them all out, it's worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment